UK commercial fishing licences explained
26th August 2015
Commercial fishing licences are not all the same
Understanding your UK commercial fishing licence, what is allowed and what is required by law, is very important. It can also be quite complicated and varies form region to region around the UK. For that reason, we are not going to try and explain everything but will provide a link to the UK Marine management organisation guidance.
Licences are divided into two sizes - under 10m and over 10 m
All under ten metre licences are Category A.
Over ten metre licences can be Category A, Category B or Category C.
This is covered in detail in the Government website:
How do I apply for a UK fishing licence ?
Read the DEFRA guide on applying for or buying a UK commercial fishing licence:
SHARE THIS ARTICLE
If you found this article interesting please share it with others who may like it.
Marine equipment and services
- Marquise 1500. Boat Davit £800 per unit Port Ellen
- EPIRBs £175 +VAT Hartlepool
- 70 Ltr Insulated Fishtub - Brand New £110 +VAT per unit Craigavon
- 100 Ltr Insulated container with lid £150 +VAT per unit Craigavon
- 100 Ltr Hinged lid Insulated Fishtubs £150 +VAT per unit UK
- 310 Ltr Insulated Fishtub £250 +VAT per unit Craigavon
- 220 Ltr Insulated Fishtub £220 +VAT per unit Craigavon
- Prawn Tubes and Crates £5.50 +VAT per unit Delivered Anywhere
- Reconditioned Empty IBCs - 1000 Litres POA +VAT UK
- Moulded Whelk Pots POA UK
- Gantry £1,500 Newhaven
- Honda 20HP £695 ono Inverinate Kyle Of Lochalsh
- 3 drum winch POA Cork
- NET- OP TYPE 350 NET FLAKER WITH 2 POWERED ROLLERS IN GOOD CONDITION £2,200 ono Cornwall
- Good Gardner 6LXB POA UK
- 3 TON HYDRAULIC WINCHES £2,800 +VAT per unit Carlisle
- New Gunwhale Roller £495 per unit UK
- Gunwale Bracket £95 per unit UK
- Mackerel Traces - Metal Head £4.95 +VAT Cornwall
- 18hp 2002 VOLVO PENTA DIESEL ENGINE AND GEARBOX £2,200 ono Leigh- On- Sea