UK commercial fishing licences explained
26th August 2015
Commercial fishing licences are not all the same
Understanding your UK commercial fishing licence, what is allowed and what is required by law, is very important. It can also be quite complicated and varies form region to region around the UK. For that reason, we are not going to try and explain everything but will provide a link to the UK Marine management organisation guidance.
Licences are divided into two sizes - under 10m and over 10 m
All under ten metre licences are Category A.
Over ten metre licences can be Category A, Category B or Category C.
This is covered in detail in the Government website:
How do I apply for a UK fishing licence ?
Read the DEFRA guide on applying for or buying a UK commercial fishing licence:
SHARE THIS ARTICLE
If you found this article interesting please share it with others who may like it.
Marine equipment and services
- 8 ton Rapp Winch £8,000 +VAT per unit Thurso
- Free Training for Commercial Fishermen Nationwide
- Diesel tanks £150 ono Fowey
- Fishermen’s Views Wanted Nationwide
- Lobster pots, Bait barrels, net bins and Osprey gates £900 ono Ilfracombe
- Net hauler £450 Hartlepool
- Net hauler £500 ono Coleraine
- Yanmar Marine Diesel Engines POA Bicester
- Squid Jigging Unit £595 UK
- Mackerel Stripper / Gurdy £445 UK
- Noctilucent Squid Jig Rigs £15 UK
- Mackerel Hook Sets/Traces £6 UK
- Pollack nets Offers +VAT Newquay
- Permco cast iron gear pumps POA Leeds
- Permco cast iron gear motors POA Leeds
- Hydraulic Equipment Repair/Servicing POA Leeds
- 50 hp Yamaha high trust Offers St Ives Cornwall
- SP Blair trawl winches POA Dunbar
- Genuine Caterpillar & Cummins Parts POA Tetbury
- Remove water from Diesel - MFP £297 +VAT per unit ono Tetbury