UK commercial fishing licences explained
26th August 2015
Commercial fishing licences are not all the same
Understanding your UK commercial fishing licence, what is allowed and what is required by law, is very important. It can also be quite complicated and varies form region to region around the UK. For that reason, we are not going to try and explain everything but will provide a link to the UK Marine management organisation guidance.
Licences are divided into two sizes - under 10m and over 10 m
All under ten metre licences are Category A.
Over ten metre licences can be Category A, Category B or Category C.
This is covered in detail in the Government website:
How do I apply for a UK fishing licence ?
Read the DEFRA guide on applying for or buying a UK commercial fishing licence:
SHARE THIS ARTICLE
If you found this article interesting please share it with others who may like it.
Marine equipment and services
- IVECO 8361 320HP Offers Northumberland
- gilsen winches in stock . Fast delivery POA +VAT Spencer Carter Falmouth
- Seine Net & Rope POA Norfolk
- STORK SRT80 OIL/FUEL TRANSFER PUMP £1,500 +VAT South Devon
- Polyform Buoys and Fenders POA Stornoway
- PRM 750C Inline Marine Gearbox ( Ratio 1.50:1) £850 ono Brighton
- Unused port side net hauler and whelk riddle and pots £2,500 ono Swansea
- HRU (HYDROSTATIC RELEASE UNIT)FOR ANY LIFERAFT. £70 Hartlepool
- SPENCER CARTER NEW 2 TON 20" Hydraulic crab pot hauler POA Spencer Carter Cornwall
- Using Red Diesel??... You need this. £145.16 +VAT per unit Glocestershire
- Mackerel Stripper £445 per unit UK
- Squid Jigging Unit £595 per unit UK
- Mariner Outboards POA Bicester
- Mike Cornish pots POA Online
- Finning uk and Ireland special offer at Galway expo POA Galway
- Guy Cotten Drake Cotton Smock £54.16 +VAT Online
- Razorbill Hooks £6.95 +VAT UK
- Trawl boards for sale £4,000 Plymouth
- Hydraulic hoses and fittings 24hr service POA Brixham
- Containerised CE Approved Dive Recompression Chamber System for Sale POA +VAT County Mayo